Issue with Override the default WordPress search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Issue with Override the default WordPress search results

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by drummersonly drummersonly 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drummersonly
    drummersonly
    Participant

I am using this plug-in to improve our WooCommerce product search results. I have turned on the ‘Override the default WordPress search results with results from this search instance?’ and have tried both ‘post’ and ‘get’ modes to return the results.

initially it seems to return the ASP search results correctly, however it only displays 10 results rather than 12 (I have tried to change the limits within the module and it has no effect). Also, when I try to change the sorting of the results nothing changes. I can’t change the sorting based on price/popularity/rating. The results for each page just stay the same.

I am using the Flatsome theme and have switched off all custom search options within the theme.

You will see these issue at the following page if you try and change the sorting using the box at the top right of the screen –

http://woo3.simpleservers.co.uk/~drummers/?s=double%20pedals&post_type=product

Please can you advise if there is anything I need to do to make this work correctly? The search results returned by the ASP search are far better than the default search!

Many thanks,

Gordon

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by drummersonly drummersonly. Reason: wrong URL
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by drummersonly drummersonly.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Gordon,

It was recently discovered, that there is an issue with the search override and woocommerce sorting + filtering because of some changes in WooCommerce. I’m actively working on a fix along with other things for the upcoming version. Unfortunately there is no quickfix for this one.

If you want, I can send you an alpha test copy later today, when I’m finished, for testing to see if the sorting/filtering issue gets resolved by that.

WooCommerce does not have an option to limit the number of results, so the plugin follows the “posts per page” core option, which is by default set to 10. You can change that on the General -> Reading submenu: https://i.imgur.com/LmsDRA1.png

In the upcoming version there is going to be a separate option for posts per page within ajax search pro, to resolve this issue as well.

Let me know if you would like a copy, or prefer to wait for the final release (around 7 days).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

drummersonly
    drummersonly
    Participant

Thanks Ernest,

Our site is still in development at the moment so if you are able to send over the alpha test copy of the I can run it on the site to help do some testing on it for you.

Regards,
    Gordon

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Gordon,

Sorry for the late response. Just want to let you know that I have not forgotten about you, it’s just the alpha copy is still not ready for testing, I’ve run into some issues I could not solve yet.

Will get back to you possibly within 12 hours, hopefully with a working copy.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

drummersonly
    drummersonly
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.