Issue with Polylang and Variations

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Issue with Polylang and Variations

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

 
Keymaster
2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #23420

    Participant

    Dear Support Team,

    I’ve run into an issue with ajax search pro. My client has a woocommerce store where the products have a massive amount of variations. Just last week we added multilanguage support for the site via Polylang.

    Since Ajax Search Pro has a Polylang-functionality I planned to activate it and expected to get search results from the product and its variations (as it was like when the site was not multilingual). But instead the search results show only the products, not the variations. When I disable Polylang functionality the results show products and variations from both languages, as it should be.

    Next thing I tried was disableing the Polylang functionality and exclude the taxonomies of the “wrong” language from the results. That worked for the products, but still the results showed variations of both installed languages.

    Is this an error or a known issue (I’ve searched the knowledge base but found nothing so far)? I hope you can find a solution to my problem.

    Thanks very much in advance and greetings from Germany
    Bes Regards
    Daniel Dell’Aquia
    Padberg & Partners

    #23424

    Dear Daniel,

    Thank you very much for the details, there is indeed a bug with the product variations, it seems like Polylang does not associate the language with the variations, but the parent product only (logically).

    I was able to replicate this issue on my test environment, and made a possible correction. I have implemented that on your server as well. If it works correctly, I will include this fix in the upcoming release.
    Can you please check?

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #23429

    Participant

    Dear Ernest,

    I checked on my site (I didn’t change anything in Ajax Search Pro or otherwise), but the Problem still persists (as shown in the screenshot I uploaded with this post). Please tell me if I should change anything from my previous configuration (e.g. enable Polylang and diable the excluding of taxonomies).

    Best Regards
    Daniel Dell’Aquia

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #23433

    Hi,

    Sorry, I totally forgot. Please re-enable the polylang compatibility option, as well as remove all taxonomy exclusions.
    Also, make sure to clear the site cache if you have any.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #23435

    Participant

    Hey Ernest,

    thanks for the clarification. I did like you asked and now the search is working perfectly, just like it should.

    Thank You very much again

    Best Regards
    Daniel Dell’Aquia

    #23453

    Thank you for the feedback, this was very useful. I will include this in the upcoming release for sure.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.