issues with latest update

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nkellerm
    nkellerm
    Participant

We updated the latest version of ajax search pro and now our search isn’t working correctly.

We have it set up to show results below the search bar on our home page, results being blog posts ONLY, and that only shows if you DON”T hit the enter button after entering the search word. If you hit the enter button, it brings up results on another page and it’s bringing up ALL pages, not just blog posts.

How can we fix this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not sure if I understand correctly, but:

..do you want to display the blog posts only when the user hits the enter button on the results page?
    In this case make sure to have the results override activated on the General Options -> Logic & Behavior panel: https://i.imgur.com/lGI4d7F.png

..or not to redirect at all when the enter button is used?
    In this case, on the same panel, make sure that the return button & the magnifier icon events are choosen correctly: https://i.imgur.com/7rGICZO.png
    It has been changed in one of the latest releases as the options were too confusing, and it is now merged into two single drop-down options.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

nkellerm
    nkellerm
    Participant

Perfect, option number 2 was what we needed and that is now fixed.

Second issue we’re still having is the title in the results.

Some of the titles appear on the lower half of the result thumbnail, and some titles do not. When you click on a result that does not have the title, and then go BACK to the search, the title magically appears.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

There is a custom CSS in your site header that overrides all link colors to the same color as the background of the results. This is it:

a:link {
        color: #6d4780 !Important;
    }

This is causing the invisible title colors. The simplest solution is to add another rule to override this for the search results with the white color:

div a.asp_res_url {
        color: #FFF !important;
    }

This will make sure that the result link colors are forced to white. A more elegant solution would be to change the original rule to not affect certain elements, but this will work just fine as well 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

nkellerm
    nkellerm
    Participant

Fantastic! Thank you! Looks like we just got an email about another update, is this going to mess with our settings again?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It should not, it’s a minor update relative to the previous version. If you want to be safe, you can do a full site and database back-up. I always do it before any plugin update (or batch updates), as I had experiences when the server crashed randomly during a plugin update, and it was a pain to restore.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.