Issues with menu covering search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Issues with menu covering search results

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RyanG
    RyanG
    Participant

First off, this plug in is amazing. I am blown away with the features it has and the other search plugins aren’t even in the same league as this….
    I have this setup and am having a couple of issue I hope you can help with;

1. The famous styling issue….
    – I confirmed my directories are all writable (Except for the includes/css which doesn’t exist
    – If I use inline styles, the style shows but the search doesn’t work and it does some wonky things to my header
    – purged CloudFlare
    After all of this, I am not able to get the style to change. I am using Elegant Themes Divi theme and a Child theme for customization. I’ve also tried setting the CSS to Maximize but that didn’t work either.

2. My search results are, for some reason, being partially covered by my main menu. I have attached a screenshot for review.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for your kind words!

1. Can you please provide back-end and FTP details for this? The inline styles should definitely work no matter what, so this might be a yet unknown issue. I gladly debug through the search code to find why it’s happening. If the directories are writeable and the stylesheet is still not there, it might indicate a file/directory ownership issue, but it’s very hard to confirm.

2. Luckily this is a simple z-index issue, which is fixable with the following custom CSS code:

.wpdreams_asp_sc {
        z-index: 1000000 !important;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

RyanG
    RyanG
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    I applied the css for the search results and it worked perfectly.

As for the styles, it looks like a caching issue on my end somewhere as I went to another computer and the search bar looks as it should.

Thanks again for your help and mostly for this awesome plugin 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome, and thank you for the awesome rating, I really appreciate that!

I will close this topic now and mark it as resolved. If you have any other issues, feel free to open another one.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Issues with menu covering search results’ is closed to new replies.