Keyword Highlights in Search Results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Keyword Highlights in Search Results

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    developer
    developer
    Participant

Hi Support Team,

We have come across a website (https://ajaxsearchpro.com/file-search/) that has a feature we would like to integrate into our search system. The functionality we require involves highlighting keywords in the search results.

For example, if a user searches for “Book,” we would like the search results to not only display the relevant items but also highlight the specific areas within those results where the keyword “Book” appears.

Additional Details:

Example URL: https://ajaxsearchpro.com/file-search/
    Expected Behavior: Highlighting keywords in search results for better user comprehension.

We are seeking your support to guide us on how to implement this feature or to understand if there are any existing tools, plugins, or best practices that we can leverage to achieve this functionality.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We appreciate your ongoing support

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

This is the feature you are looking for 🙂 That should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

developer
    developer
    Participant

Hi Ernest Marcinko,

Thank you for the quick response.

Following your suggestion, we have configured the settings. However, we are encountering an issue where we cannot obtain the results as expected. Please refer to the video for clarification.

For example, when we search for the keyword “SM-KIT-XTR,” we receive results, but the keywords are not being highlighted in the search results.

Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure to switch to the Pro version of the plugin, and turn off the Lite version. After creating the search instance, please use the following advanced content field: https://i.imgur.com/sTVvAnj.png

{descriptionfield}{flexible_content_product_1_product_info_content}

Because you are using a custom field to store that product data, this should very likely do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

developer
    developer
    Participant

Hii Ernest Marcinko

Thank you for your response.

We need additional assistance. Please review the following points regarding the search functionality:

1) Below the search box, display the latest search and its results. Additionally, I would like to include the following option:

Checkbox – Product Search (search limited to products only)

Please check this and provide it is possible or not.

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It could be I think. For displaying results initially try the auto-populate feature, and for the products filter box try the post type filter.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

developer
    developer
    Participant

Hi Ernest Marcinko,

Thank you for your response.

We have followed the instructions outlined in your article (link provided), but unfortunately, we are not achieving the expected results. For your reference, we have recorded a video illustrating our setup:

https://capture.dropbox.com/O1SszrXDigxOXHyc

Kindly review the video on your end. We have previously provided the admin details, so please check the settings on your end as well.

If any additional information is required, please let us know.

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much, this helps a lot!

Can you please check if this option is enabled? With that the filters box can be opened.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.