Keywords & Result Preview Questions

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Keywords & Result Preview Questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Voidmedia95
    Voidmedia95
    Participant

Hello. A few generic questions please. I could not easily find the answers on the support documentation.

Background: We are creating a user generated website. Tags will be attache to the video through blog posts.

(1) From what i can understand, index search is the preferred approach as we will be largely searching for tags. Is this correct based on the background above?

(2) Google keywords – There is an option for auto suggest that uses google keywords. Is it possible to access the database or API for the words included in the google keywords?
    We would also like to use these same keywords for tagging process at the user submission stage of our website (to enhance the quality of the inputs and improve search). Is this possible?

(3) Result preview – we do not want the search results to auto populate once a search term is made (eg. directly below the search bar). I have found the option to remove the image but is it possible to also delete any text. We only want auto suggestion and the results come up on the search result.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for all the details, it helps a lot!

1. Depending on the number of items to search from. Generally, a few hundred posts should be okay. But if you have a lot of tags, lots of posts, then it could give more relevant results. I suggest trying it, and choosing based on your preference.

2. Unfortunately no. It is a free API by google, it accepts a very few arguments, and it is very generic. In exchange it is blazing fast, as it uses the google servers, but unfortunately it cannot be customized.

3. Sure, you can turn off all the triggers to display the live search results here: https://i.imgur.com/YJBjM8X.png

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Voidmedia95
    Voidmedia95
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. A couple of follow ups please.

(3) That makes sense and has fixed it triggering whilst typing. However we never want the results to populate on screen when searching. We want the user to hit go or search and it takes them directly to a new page with all the search results. I.e. the steps are – they type in the search bar, it uses the autosuggest function to improve user experience. Then they hit enter and it takes them to a new page where it loads all the results. How do we set up for this?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

3) That is the exact setup for that. It will not trigger the live search in any case, and the user has to hit the return/magnifier button to redirect to the results page. Does that not redirect for you? If not, then make sure to clear all layers of your site cache, otherwise the options may have no effect on the front-end.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.