Language Settings

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by leonhardtm leonhardtm 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    leonhardtm
    leonhardtm
    Participant

Dear Team,

I am not able to change the language within the search field. How does that work? May you let me know ? I cannot find any information regarding this.
    There seems to be no language file anywhere.

Best regards, Mario Leonhardt

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,

If you want the front-end texts simply changed to your language, then each text can be changed on the back-end, for example:
    – to change the placeholder text, you can do it here: https://i.imgur.com/UIS0mCa.png

There are no .mo and .po language files for these, because those does not support dynamic text variations. Once these fields change, the .mo and .po locale files are not usable.

If you have a multi-language environment, you can also translate these dynamic texts using either WPML or Polylang.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

leonhardtm
    leonhardtm
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks for the quick reply and that worked… I would also like to change the language settings in the elements used for filtering like “search in content” Basically what I want to do is to have a search field that can filter the page categories “erotische Hypnose” and “Hörbuch” and in addition have a filter field for the post (in German: Beitrag).

Like this (hope you understand what is meant; in bracktets there is the German equivalent)

x erotische Hypnose
    x Hörbuch
    x Post (Beitrag)

x exact matches only (nur genau passende Suchergebnisse anzeigen)
    x search in title (im Titel suchen)
    x search in content (im Inhalt suchen)

May you let me know how I can achieve this ? / translate it?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,

All of these components can be found under the Frontend Search Settings panel:
    – Generic: https://i.imgur.com/2G7pNtj.png
    – Post types: https://i.imgur.com/jEAW05U.png
    – Category/Taxonomy term filters: https://i.imgur.com/4HxXI74.png
    ..and all of the other filters that may be visible, under the other submenus as well.

To get more information about the filters check this: Frontend search settings documentation
    It details all possible filter sections, that you may need.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

leonhardtm
    leonhardtm
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks again for the quick response. I think I made some good progress.
    However there is one main issue: if you type in for example “oral” in the search field
    I would like to see the pages that have the category “erotische Hypnose” selected only.
    Currently pages without this category selected are also seen… listed.

I added two screenshots for better understanding. The URL is https://www.isabellas-erotische-hypnose.com

May you let me know about this? Tried and tried… to find it out myself..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,

You are looking for this option here: https://wp-dreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/18/admin/9815/admin/category-include-empty.png

If you want to fully restrict the search to either of the selected categories at all times, then changing this option may also help: https://i.imgur.com/fVsq0Pk.png

Thiss will restrict the search to the selected categories only, but it must match, and all results not within any category will be also excluded.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

leonhardtm
    leonhardtm
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks this worked. There is anothter issue that I cannot understand.
    I ticked the title (to search only for the title) however the result is showing me a page
    without the search entry I made (that should be in the title). In this example it is the word
    “Ausbildung”. I unticked the box that searches in the text/content .. (sorry to bother you ..)

Screenshot is attached.

May you let me know about this? Thanks!

Best regards, Mario

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,

Check the General Options -> Sources panel, which fields are enabled to search besides the title and the content.
    By default the search in excerpts and comments is also enabled (but not visible in the filter). Make sure to turn off those, and leave only the content and the title: https://i.imgur.com/v6WYhbG.png
    If you only wish to seach title and contents, then make sure to turn off all other options on that page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

leonhardtm
    leonhardtm
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks for this. I almost thought it is solved… but if I turn off “Show posts/CPM with empty (missing) taxonomy terms?” the posts are not listed anymore.
    What should happen ist that pages with empty taxonomy terms are excluded because
    the category boxes are not ticked and these pages still show up.

Do you have a solution for that? Cant find anything…

Best regards, Mario

leonhardtm
    leonhardtm
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

trying to show you the issue again.. In the screenshot you can see the pages that are listed but do not have any category chosen (with the plugin that is used to create categories for pages because by default WordPress does not have the possibility for pages to create/choose a category)

Cant find any way to solve this.. plus I do not know why the pages without categories are listed..

Best regards, Mario

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,

I can’t tell based on a screenshot only, to be honest. It only reveals the front-end, but I can’t tell what the exact configuration is.

I just check the page, but it seems that in the meantime you have changed to a different configuration. Is that working for you now?
    If not, and there is something unexpected, then please add temporary FTP and back-end details, and I will check on the configuration and debug the issue directly. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

leonhardtm
    leonhardtm
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks for your message. The issue is that some pages show up that do not have a category selected at all. The idea was to be able to use the categories in pages to enable the users to search for specific categories. However that does not work at all because if no category is selected the pages still is listed in a specific category ticked in the box. Right now I cannot solve it this is why the current coniguration seems the only solution.

Best regards, Mario

leonhardtm
    leonhardtm
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I was thinking about integrating Custom Fields with the ACF plugin,
    However it is not a great solution because it means that the categories for pages make no sense and the work to assign categories to pages was useless.

For better understanding I do send you a screenshot again:
    The pages “Anal – Analplug – Analsex” “Datenschutz” and “Startseite” do not have a category selected neither “erotische Hypnose” nor “Hörbuch” as opposed to the other two pages that are listed (“Sissy Maid…” “Ausbildung zur Sissyhure …”) These two pages have the category “erotische Hypnose” selected.

Only the two pages “Sissy Maid…” and “Ausbildung zur Sissyhure …” should show up because these are the relevant categories chosen in the menue right to the search bar.

Hope this makes it as clear as possible:) and maybe we can find a solution?

Best regards, Mario

leonhardtm
    leonhardtm
    Participant

Screenshot was missing. Here is the screenshot again.

Regards, Mario

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mario,

I think I might understand better now, and actually there might be a possible solution as well (with a small custom code snippet).

I believe you want to show pages/posts that does not belong to any category, whenever there is nothing selected in the filter. Then whenever there is anything selected in the filter, then only show results that match those categories, but exclude everything that does not belong to any category – is this correct?

If yes, then this should be a possible solution:

1. I have tested the custom code below, with this advanced configuration (using checkbox filters), make sure that it configured like this: https://i.imgur.com/YApcZIB.png

2. Add this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

This will detect if no checkbox is selected whatsoever, and then it changes the parameters to allow the posts/pages without categories to display. Let me know if you need help with this custom code implementation. Please be very careful when editing your site files!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Language Settings’ is closed to new replies.