Linking Results to Anchor Linked Content

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Linking Results to Anchor Linked Content

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by lisarube lisarube 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lisarube
    lisarube
    Participant

I’m trying to direct users to anchor linked content on the site. For example, if you search “wood badge” I’d like to be able to display this page:
    https://montanabsa.org/leader-training/
    and the wood badge section which is about halfway down the page. https://montanabsa.org/leader-training/#wood-badge

1. is it possible to link search result down to that section?
    2. If not, but I can link it to the correct page at least, is there a way (in search result snippet/) let user know that woos badge is actually on the page? Right now it’s unrecognizable as a page that contains Wood Badge information

3. Also, if we have PDFs on a page, like “Camp Staff Application” – is there something I can do to make sure they are found during a search query?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. & 2. The closest and best solution to this is using the results highlighting on the results page feature.

3. If these are media attachments, then check the media file indexing feature.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

lisarube
    lisarube
    Participant

Is it possible to change the results snippets text?

I’m trying to let users know the content they want is lower on the page…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can either turn off the live results text, as well as change it via the primary/secondary content or the advanced title and content field features.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

lisarube
    lisarube
    Participant

Thank you!

I found the compact layout. Is it possible to make the compact layout (just the search icon) open up a search overlay?
    Because right now the search icon when clicked opens a search bar that is tiny (it is placed in a column that is small). So I need the search bar to be big and visible – but want the look of the search icon only

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.