Live results different than results page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Live results different than results page

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    adamgreenwell
    adamgreenwell
    Participant

I have a search term unique to my site. I recently changed the ordering to be date descending for the primary and relevance as the secondary. In the live search box, the results don’t show the most recent posts related to the search term. Hitting enter and going to the results page, the terms are ordered by date and then relevance.

Do the live results follow the search source ordering or is there a way to sort live results by date?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, the live results follow the ordering. There is a known issue with post date related stuff in the current release, I suspect it might be related to that. I am planning to release version 4.26.5 on monday, which should address that.
    Can you wait until then and let me know if anything changes after the update?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

adamgreenwell
    adamgreenwell
    Participant

Sure,I can wait until Monday. I’ll keep an eye out for the next release and I’d be happy to report back anything I find.

Thank you very much for all of your help, I greatly appreciate it!

adamgreenwell
    adamgreenwell
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay!

Can you please add temporary back-end and FTP access? I will try to debug through the code and verify the configuration to see what might be the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

adamgreenwell
    adamgreenwell
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks!

I see the issue now. Basically, when using the index table engine, there is a two phase search/ordering, and on phase one relevance is still considered, and then the matches are reordered twice by the primary and secondary ordering.

In this case the most relevant matches to the keyword were picked up to the limit (10 results) and then reordered by the algorithm. To make sure there is a wider range, I resolved this by increasing the live results count to 50 here: https://i.imgur.com/M1vF6wv.png
    This will leave a bit more room to match and order and should resolve the issue.

Another possibility is to use the regular engine and revert back the results count to 10. The regular engine will disregard the relevance completely for the matching if the primary ordering is not set to relevance – so will return any matches by the date prioritized.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

adamgreenwell
    adamgreenwell
    Participant

That’s great information, thank you very much. I seriously appreciate all your help. I was able to get the results just right with your guidance and through some trial and testing by adjusting the settings incrementally.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.