Live Search Works, but results page shows no results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Live Search Works, but results page shows no results

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris Patrick
    Chris Patrick
    Participant

Live search works correctly but the results page shows no results found. I’ve tried various combinations of what should happen when the enter key is hit, but none seem to be doing what I need.

Basically I need to be able to put in a SKU for a variable product and hit enter and have it show either the search results page or the variable product page (anything besides no results).

A good example one is 244-200. If you type that in the search bar then the live search will find the item but hitting enter goes to a no results found page.

I also have a custom field called atp_hidden_search_terms that it should be able to find stuff from – I’m not sure if that is relevant to this case but I’m just making sure you know that I need for that to work too (for either live search or search results page).

I vaguely feel like maybe you helped me fix this with some customization before and then I updated and maybe that didn’t make it into the new version or something?

Thanks for looking into this!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It is going to be a bug with the recent version, someone else already noticed it just a bit earlier. I don’t have a permanent fix ready to release yet, but I can fix it directly on your server. I’ve reworked the search layer in the recent version for more accessibility, but I forgot to add product variations to the filter when doing non-ajax based search.

Can you please check the login permissions on the FTP account? I can log-in to the server, but I can only access an empty directory.

If you wish to fix it manually, you can just replace the wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\classes\etc\class-asp_helpers.php file content with these, and it should work again: https://goo.gl/oG5QeW

Let me know if you need any help.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Chris Patrick
    Chris Patrick
    Participant

Replacing that file seemed to work, thanks!

Another issue I’m having is that the live search result displays outdated title link text. I tried clearing all my caches and deleting+rebuilding the index table but nothing seems to change it.

Updated FTP account path.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Chris Patrick Chris Patrick.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks!

It appears that WooCommerce does not change the variation titles when saved, good to know that. I’ve fixed the problem directly, marking it as a possible bug I have to investigate further.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Chris Patrick
    Chris Patrick
    Participant

Everything appears to be work now, thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Live Search Works, but results page shows no results’ is closed to new replies.