Loading forever

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nilson21
    nilson21
    Participant

Much of the plugin stays with this status all the time, even though I have registered the puchase.
    I’m installing on my localhost (my local computer) to test. Can this be the problem?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The plugin is not limited by registration or purchase code, that seems to be a javascript related issue there. I suggest checking the error console in the browser, there must be a 3rd party script causing a fatal error, that is preventing the plugin from loading properly.

Localhost is not an issue either, we are developing the plugin on local test servers. Usually I suggest turning off all other plugins except the search, and switching the theme as well. That way you might be able to pinpoint, which might be causing the conflict.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

nilson21
    nilson21
    Participant

I deactivated all the plugins, changed the theme to “Twenty-seventeen” I left running only WordPress with default theme and “Ajax Search Pro”. It still did not work. I put it in another installation of WordPress and also did not run. I inspected and found a warming that I attached to this message. Thanks again for your attention.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like an internal WordPress script is reporting an issue there, maybe the color picker, but I’m not sure based on the messages alone.

I suggest trying to maybe reset & deleting the plugin completely, then re-downloading it from codecanyon again (to make sure there the files are consistent), and doing a clean installation. I have tried to replicate the problem on multiple test servers, with fresh installations, but it all works. There are no other reports of this issue either, so I am not sure what exactly is the cause here.

In case the reset and complete re-installation does not work, and you have an online test server, where I can take a look at this, please let me know.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

nilson21
    nilson21
    Participant

I migrated from Wamp to Xampp and now this message appears in the ajax panel Seach Pro:

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in the D: \ XAMPP \ htdocs \ comprocard \ rotagoumet \ wp-content \ plugins \ ajax-search-pro \ backend \ settings \ class \ wd_user_select.class.php line 82.

I do not know if this information helps anything. I’m going to test on a remote server today.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid that is unrelated, that should not cause execution problems. That warning can be ignored, the continue statement is supposed to be used in that case in that way. I will hovewer change it to a ‘break’ in the upcoming release, I guess this might be a stricter PHP config triggering the warning.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.