Magnifying Glass Not Showing – Compact Search Not Useable

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Magnifying Glass Not Showing – Compact Search Not Useable

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    eric777
    eric777
    Participant

The magnifying glass does not appear. This is especially a problem because I need to use the compact search layout.

It won’t function without the magnifying glass. Please see page and attached screen shot. Thanks!

https://grrrgraphics.com/search-test/

PS. Server Port Number: 2222

eric777
    eric777
    Participant

Here’s the screen shot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details, it helps me a lot!

The issue was that you were using one of the ‘Plain..’ themes, which have a disabled magnifier icon, it’s simply an empty bar. It was just an unfortunate coincidence, as all other ones have visible magnifier icons 🙂

However there is a hidden custom CSS that disables this, only accessible via console. I’ve tweaked it on the options panel, save the search settings again, now it will display the icon as well. Now you can keep using this search theme, but with the magnifier icon too.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

eric777
    eric777
    Participant

Thanks Ernest! I appreciate the fast support and resolution. Top notch.

I am going to use this in the header in compact form.
    –> QUESTION: Is there a way to make the search results show in middle of page instead of just below the search.
    I thought I saw that somewhere when researching your plugin, but now not sure.

Thanks again!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You are very welcome!

Yes, it is possible, by using the results shortcode: Search shortcode
    Basically each search instance has multiple shortcodes. Using the results shortcode within the same page as the search will force move the results container to that location.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.