main site search

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by websiteprojects websiteprojects 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    websiteprojects
    websiteprojects
    Participant

Hi

I installed the pluign and selected that it automatically replace the theme search however as you can see the search on the naviation is not using the plugin search:

It is working correctly where I have added shortcode

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That means, that the navigation search is very likely hard-coded into the theme files, and it is not automatically replaceable. If there is a page builder/theme builder included with the theme, then there might be an option to replace the search with a shortcode.
    If not, then you might have to ask the theme author if there is any way to replace the search bar via a custom hook, or if not, then which theme file has it hard-coded.
    Then, if you need help with the replacement, you can add temporary FTP and back-end details, and I will happily do it for you.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

websiteprojects
    websiteprojects
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you!
    Well, I found an option to turn off the search in the header, but there is no option there to replace it.
    Can you please ask the theme developer if there is any way to do that?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

websiteprojects
    websiteprojects
    Participant

I will check however also I just realised that when the search results appear i the drop down the user can not select <enter> and see all search results? Is this a setting that i have set incorrectly as I would like them to be able to see all their search results.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure that the return and magnifier actions are set accordingly. That should resolve that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

websiteprojects
    websiteprojects
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.