Make "return" search display the same results as "live" search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Make "return" search display the same results as "live" search

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    powpow
    powpow
    Participant

Hello,

On the local resources page: http://bftaiken.com/local-resources, I would like the same results that you would see for the “Live” search to show when you “Enter” or the “Magnifying Glass” in the search bar. At the moment, when you hit “Enter” or the “Magnifying Glass” it displays “No posts were found.” despite having multiple results showing in the “Live” search.

Thank you!

Meleah

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Meleah,

I believe you are looking for the results page override option:

Enabling the search override should do the trick 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

powpow
    powpow
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I have the results page override option on and I am still receiving “No posts were found.” Any ideas on why this is still happening?

Thanks!

Meleah

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure to clear your cache afterwards, also, if you have any other search plugins active that may affect that page, I suggest disabling those as well – as multiple search overrides may not work at the same time.

If that does not work, there might be a custom search query hard coded to the theme, which cannot be overridden. In that case, I can take a look at the theme search template file via FTP, I may be able to disable that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

powpow
    powpow
    Participant

That did it thank you! I forgot about the other search plugin I had on the site.

Meleah

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.