Make the search bar appear over the entire header

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Make the search bar appear over the entire header

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aramis197793
    Aramis197793
    Participant

Hi,

Please check this site on mobile:
    http://www.wildguitars.co.il/

They use your search plugin and when you click on the spyglass icon in the header the search bar and results cover the entire screen.

I tried doing this for my own site but to no avail.

Can you please let me know, which function do I need to use to make sure that the search bar expands over the entire header (right now the search bar width is the same width as the column in which the search icon appears).

Thanks in advance,
    Zvi

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Zvi,

That feature is added by the theme they are using, or at least it seems to be coming from the theme. Basically the search shortcode is placed into the container which opens then the search icon is clicked. The icon and the container however is not coming from this plugin.

The closest possible feature to that natively is using the compact box layout.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Aramis197793
    Aramis197793
    Participant

Thanks for the answer.

I tried using this option and added it into the header. However, when I clicked on the search icon the search bar appeared beneath the logo and came outside of the header.

Is there a way to fix this?

Zvi

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, if the display method is static, then the items are generally pushed in the document.
    Try changing the display mode to “absolute” instead. It may still need some custom CSS or some adjustments – as it highly depends on the exact position and the parent items position as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.