Making Search Visible on all Pages

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Making Search Visible on all Pages

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by alexsr32 alexsr32 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    alexsr32
    alexsr32
    Participant

I attached the theme php file, as I asked you in the codecanyon page, I’m trying to make the search visible on all pages at all times. Any advice on how to do that would be awesome!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think the php file got removed because of some security check. Could you please zip it and attach it to your next response?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

alexsr32
    alexsr32
    Participant

Done 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks. Well I don’t know how the theme looks like, but I’ve made a few variations where I put the shortcode to random places which I assumed might be good based on the php file. The shorcode I used uses search instance number 1. Here are 3 variations I made:

I honestly have no idea how these might look. If you are lucky, then one of the might be in the right place 😉

Just replace the header.php code with them, and you should see the search somewhere.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

alexsr32
    alexsr32
    Participant

You are seriously awesome!!! I was even able to play with it a bit to put it above the navigation text

http://boardgameco.com/product-category/family/

previously it was below the Home/Family, but I was able to move it above after a little trial and error.

The code area now is:

if( is_front_page() || of_get_option(‘breadcrumb’) == ‘disable’ ) $NV_hidebreadcrumbs = ‘yes’;

/* Here starts the Ajax Search Pro Shortcode .. */
    echo do_shortcode(‘[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]‘);
    /* .. and here it ends, just like that. */

// Sub Header Display
    if( $NV_hidebreadcrumbs == ‘yes’ && ( empty( $NV_socialicons ) || $NV_socialicons == ‘off’ ) && empty( $NV_textresize ) ) $NV_disable_subtabs = ‘yes’; else $NV_disable_subtabs = ”;

Do you happen to know what line of code I can use to add a few pixels spacer after the search box and before Home/Family? And do you have other products I can browse? The support here was by far the best I’ve received on a WP product, and I’d love to see if I could use your other stuff.

Thanks,
    Alex

alexsr32
    alexsr32
    Participant

Nevermind….was able to figure it out myself, “Echo str_repeat(‘ ‘, 20);”

Thanks again, this was awesome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.