Many terms and words not being indexed

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Many terms and words not being indexed

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark Frankel
    Mark Frankel
    Participant

There are many terms that are not showing up in search results unless the word is in the page or post title. I tried adding post types and reindexing but it didn’t help.

Here are examples: Free Tuesday, EBT, donations, memberships, train, dogs, reciprocal admissions, food.

For instance, memberships brings up results but not the page that talks about memberships. (https://www.descansogardens.org/support/join/)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The issue is, that the content is in a repeater/flexible field, not within the post content.

The good news is, that I have installed the beta version of the next release, which has a solution for indexing the repeater field contents pretty accurately. After installing I have selected the field home_page_builder field only, and reindexed, which now shows a lot more keywords.
    If you try searching items from the page content, then it hopefully almost all keywords should be identified.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Mark Frankel
    Mark Frankel
    Participant

Thank you so much, Ernest. How do we apply the fix to all content?

Best-
    Mark

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I have already re-indexed everything, so all sub fields for every single page from “home_page_builder” should be there.
    I’m seeing 30 000 keywords, previously it was only 9000, so it is very likely indexed now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mark Frankel
    Mark Frankel
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That’s because the page is not stored in database, nor in repeter/flex fields, it’s generated via a template. Unfortuantely that can’t be indexed (yet).
    The rest using the repeaters should be okay though.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.