Max hours for indexing to run

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Max hours for indexing to run

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    qwerty389
    qwerty389
    Participant

The indexing timer says like 15 hours plus is required. So, must I leave that indexing page on your plugin open on my browser for that long while it runs, or will it run in the background while I do something else on my WP site?

qwerty389
    qwerty389
    Participant

And will it timeout by itself? Since it takes 15 hours plus to complete.

qwerty389
    qwerty389
    Participant

Just to add, I noticed that during indexing, the “Keywords found so far” stops counting intermittently when I’m doing other admin work on my site like searching through my over 200k of posts. Therefore, does it mean other processes on my site would slow down or interrupt the indexing process?

qwerty389
    qwerty389
    Participant

I stopped the indexing and then continued by pressing “Continue existing index”. Now the timer goes from around 25 hours to go to “Approx. remaining time: 59:13:30.”

Is this normal?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The “flaw” very likely comes from the fact, that the table is getting so many rows, that the server can no longer report it’s size, so the counter gets inconsistent. It does not matter though, it is only informative. If you keep the indexing going it will eventually finish, regarldess what the timer shows.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.