missing search results

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by rociofatas49 rociofatas49 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rociofatas49
    rociofatas49
    Participant

The ‘resources’ post type is not showing in the search results. For example, when I search for ‘Gaia Tedone’, the post ‘Curating Data: care, commons and networks’ doesn’t appear in the result list even though ‘Gaia Tedone’ appears in a custom field. I can’t see why not. Please help?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure! Can you please check the back-end login details? I can’t seem to be able to log-in with them. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

rociofatas49
    rociofatas49
    Participant

They work for me… I can create a user for you otherwise, if you give me an email account?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, I probably copied the password incorrectly, and that is why it didn’t work. I am sorry about that.

So I noticed that the keyword “gaia” is within the “Resource author curator” field. That field is however a post object storage field. That means, it does not actually store these keywords as text, but serialized relationship objects. Unfortunately relationship, and object storage and similar serialized object fields are not searchable, as the information is not directly stored in the field data.

I believe the quickest way of resolving this is by perhaps using the additional search keywords field, which lets you enter additional search keywords for each custom post type.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

rociofatas49
    rociofatas49
    Participant

Okay thanks will look into this!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.