Missing taxonomy terms

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dfitt
    dfitt
    Participant

Hello:

For the lists of available taxonomy terms, what would cause a term not to show in the list box? I have several posts assigned to these terms, but they won’t show in the list boxes. What can I check to see if there’s a disconnect? Thanks for any help you can give.

dfitt
    dfitt
    Participant

OK, found the issue. In the ajax-search-pro/backend/settings/class/customtaxonomyterm.class.php script there’s this line:

$terms[$taxonomy] = array_slice($terms[$taxonomy], 0, 50, true);

When I changed the length parameter from 50 to 100, the missing terms showed up.

So here’s my question: is there a particular reason why this was limited to 50? Since this was a problem for us, is there any way for this to be addressed in a patch?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m glad you found it. There is a reason why that’s code there. Some customers had tousands of terms per taxonomy and the HTML output got so big, that their browser crashed on the back-end.
    This most likely will be increased a bit, as 50 seems a bit low. Yet I have to set a limit to avoid browser crashes.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.