Misspellings and synonyms?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Misspellings and synonyms?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by interfab interfab 6 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    interfab
    interfab
    Participant

Is there any way to enable/improve fuzzy matching, misspellings and searching synonyms?

I ask because right now my search tool isn’t finding results when the words I’m using have minor misspellings.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

On the General Options -> Logics & Behavior you can change the generic keyword logic, which determines how multiple phrases are matched agains the selected fields.

Synonim/spell correction is not yet availalbe, as the plugin uses the database to search. Spell correction would require to re-run the search queries in case of no results (with the spell corrected phrases), which increases the server load exponentially, to a point where it would crash. A 3rd party API is not a solution either, as they are very pricy and limited on a monthly basis.
    There is a front-end instant search feature under construction, which will include a guess based ‘spell check’ module as well. Because it will run on the clients machine, it will not affect the server load in any way.

For now, you can add word/character replacements/exceptions manually:
    – Keyword exceptions: https://i.imgur.com/NRX70Hm.png
    Knowledge base – Replace search keywords
    Knowledge base – Remove/replace characters from search phrase

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

interfab
    interfab
    Participant

Ok thank you, I’ll work through this and see if I can improve search results.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.