Mobile search icon (cache) and blank search page issue

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Mobile search icon (cache) and blank search page issue

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Presentise
    Presentise
    Participant

Dear WPDreams,

We are having two minor issues, that we can’t seem to solve.

1. The mobile search icon sometimes shows and sometimes doesn’t. We figured it is because of the caching plugin (Lightspeed). Is there anything we can exclude so this works correctly?

2. If we click the search icon without anything filled in the search bar, we get a weird search result page with products that are no longer in the website. We have no idea where this comes from, could you point us in the right direction where we can fix this?

Regards,

Colin van den broek

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Colin,

1. I believe there is this option in Litespeed cache. That will recognize user agents and make separate caches for different browser types. That should resolve the issue.

2. By default the plugin redirects to the results page, that redirections seems to be all right. I see the same exact results for an empty query (by entering a space character) to the search bar.
    These definitely exist as the plugin requests them via a WP_Query, but I suspect those might be draft or trashed or private items maybe? Check if the post statuses are correctly set on the search settings or on the index table panel if you are using that.

If you are using the index table and these items were trashed programmatically and the save_post or wp_insert_post hooks were not triggered, then the index table can’t update/remove the items. In that case try re-creating the index, that will solve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Presentise
    Presentise
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

1. is fixed! Thanks for this.

2. We tried all the options, but hasnt been resolved yet.
    We also rebuild the index but the “empty” products are still in there.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

2. Can you please add temporary back-end and (s)FTP access so I can take a look at this directly from the back-end and code perspective?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Presentise
    Presentise
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you Colin!

I tested, but everything seems to be okay at the moment. I have entered an empty phrase, got to the results upage, clicked on every item and all of them directed to existing product pages. Has the issue been cleared?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Presentise
    Presentise
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for checking it out.

It seems to have partly been resolved, but we don’t know where these products are coming from.

Ideally, we would like to see a “no products have been found”, any idea why these products are showing up with an empty search phrase?

Best,

Colin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure!

If you see one, let me know what search phrase triggers it and I will find out where it’s coming from.

As for the empty search – it is intended to run a serch for an empty phrase, but you can set the plugin to not trigger at all unless there is a single character entered here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.