Mobile vs. desktop experience

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Mobile vs. desktop experience

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris Corbett
    Chris Corbett
    Participant

Settings: Mobile Behavior > Action when tapping the return button (search icon on virtual keyboard) is set to: Redirect to: Results Page

Issue:
    On mobile (iPhone) or Tablet (iPad).
    We want users to have the same experience on desktop where you press enter or click search – it takes you to the results page. However this is not happening on mobile or tablets. Instead what is happening is, the user gets a list of results in a dropdown.

How can we fix this issue or is this a bug within the plugin?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Chris Corbett Chris Corbett.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is doe to a known issue with the latest release, where I was trying to fix another mobile related bug.

To resolve it, a small custom code snippet is needed. Place this code to the functions.php file in your active theme directory (copy from line 3):

(please make sure to have a full site back-up before making any changes to your site code!)

Let me know if you need help with implementing it.
    I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.