"More Results" link doesn't work

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support "More Results" link doesn't work

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jordan Warner Jordan Warner 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jordan Warner
    Jordan Warner
    Participant

Hello, first, thanks for a really great and thorough plugin.

I am getting it set up and all is working well, except that the “more results” link seems to lead to a broken page. The link for more results in my settings is simply “?s={phrase}”. This should work, because the default search in my theme also points to:
    http://www.limestonepostmagazine.com/?s=phrase

However, when the plugin seems to actually generate this link, it adds “&asp_active=1” to the link – this unfortunately seems to break the link and I end up with a blank white page after the header loads (see screenshot attached).

I’m not sure if this is a theme conflict or ajax issue of some sort – I unfortunately am having to use a number of plugins on this site, so perhaps a plugin conflict could be happening. If there is any way to remove the “&asp_active=1” from the link, that would fix this issue, I believe, as the default search does appear to work.

Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks again,
    Jordan

• This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Jordan Warner Jordan Warner.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the prompt explanation and the details.

I’ve checked the issue, and it looks like there is an unknown error stopping the page rendering after the redirection. I have tried to use the FTP account you provided, but it only shows me an empty folder. Could you please check the permissions on the FTP account so I can access the site files?

I would like to temporary enable the error reporting, currently it’s turned off so I cannot see what’s causing the problem. Once I can see the error message I will most likely be able to fix it and perhaps also add the fix to the next version to avoid it happening again 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Jordan Warner
    Jordan Warner
    Participant

Hi Ernest, thanks for the quick reply!

Sorry for the FTP issue. I’ve re-created the FTP account and gave access to public_html – should be able to get in now.

Thanks again for the help,
    Jordan

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think I found the problem, it took me a while. It looks like one of the internal wordpress functions is not working correctly for some reason. I don’t know why, but I think I will notice the developer team to see if they know anything about this issue. Maybe I’m not using it correctly, I don’t know 🙂

Anyways, I have corrected the problem by using something else, which should not cause this problem anymore.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Jordan Warner
    Jordan Warner
    Participant

You’re a genius! Brilliant work and great support. Truly appreciated. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.