Multi-site Activation Failing and Redirecting

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support Multi-site Activation Failing and Redirecting

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by caglecartoons47 caglecartoons47 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    caglecartoons47
    caglecartoons47
    Participant

When we attempt to activate the plugin, it redirects to another site in our WPMU instillation and activates there. Additionally, the error log shows the following errors:

[17-Aug-2020 18:18:43 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate key name ‘rpp_title’ for query ALTER TABLE wp_13_posts ADD FULLTEXT rpp_title (post_title) made by activate_plugin, do_action(‘activate_related-posts-pro/related-posts-pro.php’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rppInit->rpp_activate, rppInit->fulltext, wpdreams_fulltext->createIndexes, QM_DB->query

[17-Aug-2020 18:18:43 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate key name ‘rpp_title’ for query ALTER TABLE wp_10_posts ADD FULLTEXT rpp_title (post_title) made by activate_plugin, do_action(‘activate_related-posts-pro/related-posts-pro.php’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rppInit->rpp_activate, rppInit->fulltext, wpdreams_fulltext->createIndexes, QM_DB->query

[17-Aug-2020 18:18:43 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate key name ‘rpp_title’ for query ALTER TABLE wp_6_posts ADD FULLTEXT rpp_title (post_title) made by activate_plugin, do_action(‘activate_related-posts-pro/related-posts-pro.php’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rppInit->rpp_activate, rppInit->fulltext, wpdreams_fulltext->createIndexes, QM_DB->query

[17-Aug-2020 18:18:43 UTC] WordPress database error Duplicate key name ‘rpp_title’ for query ALTER TABLE wp_posts ADD FULLTEXT rpp_title (post_title) made by activate_plugin, do_action(‘activate_related-posts-pro/related-posts-pro.php’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rppInit->rpp_activate, rppInit->fulltext, wpdreams_fulltext->createIndexes, QM_DB->query

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please try activating the plugin on the sub site instead of the network main? It should work that way.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

caglecartoons47
    caglecartoons47
    Participant

We were trying to activate the plugin on the subsite, not the network. When we do that, it activates it on the wrong site and redirects to that other sites dashboard and presents the above errors I noted.

So what you are requesting is exactly what’s causing the problem. We only want this on one site in our network.

We did not try to activate it network-wide.

caglecartoons47
    caglecartoons47
    Participant

Any update on this issue? We are waiting on this for a production release.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Can you please try network wide activation as well, if it changes anything? I’m not sure what the redirection is caused by, it works all right on our local environment.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

caglecartoons47
    caglecartoons47
    Participant

As requested we tried network activation and it generated the same errors as initially noted. However it appears activated.

I was able to go into the site (sandbox.darylcagle.com) and create an instance of the plugin via the admin UI. However, if I disable it on a network wide level and go into the site plugins (sandbox.darylcagle.com) and activate it, it redirects to (sandbox.politicalcartoons.com) and activates it on that site instead and is not available on sandbox.darylcagle.com.

The support account I created for you to log in with has super-admin privileges so you can see for yourself what is happening.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you, it indeed does that, so weird.
    Is it not okay to leave the plugin network activated though?

I will try to replicate this on our local network site, but it seems to be all right there, so I am missing something somewhere yet.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

caglecartoons47
    caglecartoons47
    Participant

We can use it network activated but I’d like to not have the overhead on the other sites if it’s not necessary. Please update this if it’s resolved.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.