Multiselect Taxonomy OR rather than AND

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Multiselect Taxonomy OR rather than AND

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    the.green.timtam40
    the.green.timtam40
    Participant

Is it possible to set filter by taxonomy with a Multiselect Dropdown to OR rather than AND. I’m using a taxonomy for Accents on a talent search for a talent agency, and when I select, say “British” and “Scottish” I would like it to show posts which either have British OR Scottish assigned. At the moment it shows only posts with both British and Scottish.

Also, when a post is not assigned to an accent, they appear in the search no matter what. They should only appear when there is no filter. I know one solution is to add an “Unassigned” accent that is excluded in the search, but this is not ideal. Is there any other way to prevent this from happening?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Luckily, both are possible.
    Multi-select drop-downs are handled as checkboxes, so this option will give you what you are looking for: https://i.imgur.com/l5llpJG.png
    Second, this option will turn off results, that does not have any connection with the filtered taxonomy: https://i.imgur.com/iV7bmT0.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

the.green.timtam40
    the.green.timtam40
    Participant

I’d actually just figured this out about the same time as you messaged haha!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.