Multisite options–trying to install

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Multisite options–trying to install

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    engelk13
    engelk13
    Participant

I am trying to activate the multisite search options for Ajax Search Pro for WordPress. I was able to install Ajax Search Pro successfully but the “Multisite Options” tab remains grayed out.

In looking at the documentation, I am unsure what this means:
    “Make sure to install the plugin on the Network admin aka. the main site, because the plugin needs to be Network activated in order to work.”

What exactly is meant by “Network admin, the main site” and “Network activated”? Is this the main WordPress site as opposed to subdomains of that site?

If so, I have installed it there but the “Multisite Options” tab remains grayed out.

I actually purchased another instance of Ajax Search Pro a few months back and installed it on one of the subdomains of this main site. Would that prevent the multisite option from working–having the Pro version installed twice?

No error messages display. I have disabled Ajax Search Lite. We use Poseidon Pro for a theme.

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Multisite options are only available for WordPress Multisite installations. That is basically a single WordPress installation managing multiple subset of sites (subdirectory or subdomain).
    Separate WordPress installations are not shared, thus are considered as separate websites. In that case the plugin can only search the site where it is installed on.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.