multisite woocommerce question re double-enabling pluginplugin

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support multisite woocommerce question re double-enabling pluginplugin

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elaine
    Elaine
    Participant

A quick multisite / woocommerce query as I can’t find a similar answer / faq anywhere: Hoping for an opinion whether it’s impossible or if I’m not finding the correct settings yet. 🙂

Can’t point you to it because I temporarily disabled my simple test site in order to explore a cloudflare redirect method.

I have a site “domain.com” running WP, and a second site “store.domain.com” running WP & woocommerce. I need an integrated search that returns results as if they are one site.

It was sort of working in my still-clumsy initial test setup, but had an unexpected issue:

In order for “domain.com” to pick up “store.domain.com” woocommerce items, the woocommerce plugin HAD to be enabled on both sites. BUT there is of course no woocommerce store on domain.com, and that creates an empty shop with ensuing confusion and errors.

Is there a way to pull Woocommerce results from subdomain without having Woocommerce enabled on main domain?

((as a completely other note, the webforms on wp-dreams.com have *invisible* text field boundaries and backgrounds, and it’s super hard to fill in the information without an lot of exploratory clicking. no need to reply to this part — it’s just FYI.))

Thanks for all you do!
    – Elaine

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine,

Well, the best option is to have WooCommerce on both installations so that the WooCommerce API is available, but I think you can try to get by it via a custom code. Although I am not sure if that is going to work at all, because if WooCoomerce is not active the product names/links/descriptions/attributes may not be possible to fetch.

Try adding this code to the functions.php file in your theme/child theme directory – make sure to have a full server back-up first for safety. For more details you can check the safe coding guidelines.

add_filter( 'asp_query_args', 'asp_add_woo_post_type', 10, 1 );
    function asp_add_woo_post_type($args) {
    	$args['post_type'] = array_unique(array_merge($args['post_type'], array('product')));

return $args;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.