My theme doesn't support widgets in Header… Problem?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support My theme doesn't support widgets in Header… Problem?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by smedisky smedisky 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    smedisky
    smedisky
    Participant

Hi,

I LOVE this plugin in theory and via the samples at Code Canyon. I just can’t get it working on my own site.

I’d like to place the search field directly under the navigation menu in the upper lefthand corner in the header, and I’ve tried placing the following in the header.php file in my child theme:

<div style = “float: right;”><?php echo do_shortcode(‘[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]’); ?>
    </div>

But then there’s no search field on the homepage and all the other pages go to an error message. Upon further investigation, I discovered that my theme (Basis from The Theme Foundry) doesn’t support widgets in the header.

Does this mean that I’ll be unable to incorporate your plugin in this way?

Either way, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Shannon

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Your shortcode placement seems all rigth to me, it should work.

Is the error message related to the search plugin? Can you please paste it here, I might be able to tell if it’s something known.

The fact that your theme does not support widgets in header should not affect the search, but I might be wrong.

Also, what happens if you place the search somewhere else? (inside a page, post or widget bar) Is it working then?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

smedisky
    smedisky
    Participant

Hmm, I think the error wasn’t the plugin OR where I placed the code. I think the problem was with my host.

All seems to be well now, thankfully!

So sorry to have bugged you.

PS – I’ve already left you a 5-star rating over at CodeCanyon. And very well-deserved, I might add. Thanks for an awesome plugin!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.