my wp theme needs it searchform.php overriden

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support my wp theme needs it searchform.php overriden

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brock40
    Brock40
    Participant

I need to have my theme search overridden with the “searchform.php” method. I’ve located the files. Not sure what to do though.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Brock40 Brock40.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m assuming you want to replace the search bar in the header: https://i.imgur.com/ipbo6Vd.jpg

I have tried to log-in to the site, but I’m getting this security notice: https://i.imgur.com/Sg1ZDpm.png
    Can you also add temporary FTP details as well? I will try to find which file has that form integrated and replace it for you if possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Brock40
    Brock40
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Brock40
    Brock40
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Yes, that is the search bar in the header I want replaced.

You should be able to login now, I didn’t realize I had wordfences security login options heavily restricted.

I don’t have FTP setup, but when you login and see the dashboard you will see something called “File manager”. It has a search feature built in to search for files and edit. I’ve located the searchform.php files using the builtin search feature with file manager. Just not sure exactly what I’m suppose to do from here to get the header search replaced.

Thanks,

Brent

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you, I believe I have found the source file.

I have replaced it’s contents with the plugin shortcode (left the original comment disabled). The file is: wp-content/themes/walker/framework/modules/search/templates/types/slide-from-header-bottom.php

I recommend copying over this fiel to the child theme, in case of update it should remain unchanged. You should be able to see the plugin search on the front-page now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.