n.post is not a function

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tpuljak
    tpuljak
    Participant

So i just installed the plugin but I can’t get it to work.

I created an index of my site and put the shortcode in the page.php file like so:

echo do_shortcode("[wd_asp elements='search,results' ratio='50%,50%' id=1]");

I type in what I want to search and the form just keeps on loading.
    When I enter the dev tools in chrome i get the error saying “n.post is not a function”. I included a screenshot of the error.

The website is still in local development so i can’t provide you with login details.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is almost impossible to tell only via screenshot, but I am guessing that the n.post in this case is referring to the jQuery.post(..) method. That means, that jQuery is either not loaded properly, or something is unsetting the built in jQuery XHR post() method there.
    If you use any plugins/scripts that temper with jQuery version, or replaces any of the functionality, or changes the jQuery release, then it may cause that. Once again, this is almost impossible to tell only by this short error message.

Alternatively, you can change the script compatibility to ‘Minified Scoped’ under the Compatibility Options panel: https://i.imgur.com/hUIDDMZ.png
    That will very likely resolve it, but I still recommend checking why the $.post(..) jQuery method is not set.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tpuljak
    tpuljak
    Participant

Thank you for your quick reply. 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.