No category selector dropdown in search bar.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support No category selector dropdown in search bar.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Topy05 Topy05 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topy05
    Topy05
    Participant

Hello, I’ve just bought your plugin. I go to Front search settings > Categories & Taxonomy terms then I select Post-category and I drag and drop my two post categories into the right box. But when I go to the page that I insert the search bar via WPbakery, there’s no any category selector dropdown next to the search button.

What I want is I want a search bar for post titles filtered by post category. So, in the search bar, there should be a post category selector dropdown to select.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by Topy05 Topy05.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

By default, the search settings appear below the search bar, when clicking on the settings icon. The default layout of the filters are checkboxes. This documentation will help you understand the layout, this one explains all about the taxonomy terms filters (you are looking for the “Display Mode” button). There is also this demo, that displays the filters by the search bar using the settings shortcode. Here is a full tutorial on how that is done.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Topy05
    Topy05
    Participant

I’m done, thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.