No more result redirect to new search page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support No more result redirect to new search page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ColzaniMarco ColzaniMarco 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ColzaniMarco
    ColzaniMarco
    Participant

Multisite WP

Search widget works very well. Tks good job!

I do not understand how to redirect to a different results page (not the default one).
    The plugin works well with terms from the site in wich you make the search; no results if term are outside the site.
    1) I tried to create a new result page with the example shortlink
    2) Added the url in settings pages
    3) Have no results

PLS: explain me hot to solve this problem with a step by step tutorial.
    Many tks, sorry for my english.
    Marco from Italy

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I think it’s not possible in wordpress to make 2 different result pages and make them both work correctly – I’m not familiar with the concept.

You can try to enable the “Override the default WordPress search results page?” option on the General Options -> Behavior panel, but there is a good chance it still won’t work.

Multisite posts are stored in different database tables, so the internal get_post($id) wordpress call is not able to parse them across another site, and I believe that’s why you don’t have any results if the term is outside the site.
    Unfortunately I don’t think any solution exists to that yet.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ColzaniMarco
    ColzaniMarco
    Participant

Thks for you answer.
    Is there a vay to redirect to the main site result page?
    In the main site I have a broadcast of all sub site item and there the More Results page works well.

If yes wich is the sintax I shoud write in the override the default page field?

Es: http://www.nelquartiere.it/?s={phrase}
    With this sintx I get a not formatted page but you can probably help me and tell if this way can be followed.

Ciao
    Marco

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.