no results are coming back on a basic search

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support no results are coming back on a basic search

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    petermac
    petermac
    Participant

I have tried a few times to create a basic search tool and nothing is being returned. I tried to search for “Event” (a post title) and “Lorem” (text in the post) and nothing comes back. I created a basic search called “test search” which has all the defaults (searching in both posts and pages) and still nothing comes back either in the preview on the admin or on the front end. I even deleted the plugin and re-installed it …

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the details, I was able to find the cause.

There was a filter active in the functions.php file in your theme folder, but the actual function was disabled. Line 17 was active:

add_filter('asp_results', 'asp_get_tax_term_children_results', 10, 2);

However the asp_get_tax_term_children_results function did not exist, as it was commented. The filter still got executed by WordPress, returning NULL for the non-existend function, therefore emptying the results array.
    I’ve disabled that line, now it will return results:

//add_filter('asp_results', 'asp_get_tax_term_children_results', 10, 2);

It should return results as normal now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

petermac
    petermac
    Participant

Thanks so much … I guess you can close this item.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘no results are coming back on a basic search’ is closed to new replies.