'No Results' not showing up & case sensitivity.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support 'No Results' not showing up & case sensitivity.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Toby Bennett Toby Bennett 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Toby Bennett
    Toby Bennett
    Participant

Hi,

For some reason, the ‘No Results’ box only seems to show up some of the time.

Also, why are the searches case sensitive? I have a post which is called ‘Cambridge – EGSC’, however when searching for ‘egsc’ the search doesn’t return the result.

Thanks,
    Toby

Toby Bennett
    Toby Bennett
    Participant

So it actually does work, but not until you wait for about 10 seconds after the pages loads…

Any ideas?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

May I ask you how many records (posts/pages) do you have in your database? The low load time is usually due to a very large amount of posts.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Toby Bennett
    Toby Bennett
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I only have about 10 posts, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

I have narrowed the problem down however, it only seems to happen when the results are in vertical mode. When the results are set to horizontal, it works absolutely perfectly.

So just to recap, when the results are set to vertical, the search form doesn’t return anything for about 10 seconds after the page has loaded.

FYI, the search form I am using is on the following site – http://www.pilotprize.co.uk/uk-charts/

There are two searches on there, both identical, but the top one is vertical, and the bottom is horizontal.

Thanks,
    Toby

Toby Bennett
    Toby Bennett
    Participant

FYI, I have tried disabling all my plugins (apart from the ajax search) and restored the original WordPress theme, however the vertical search is still not working.

Toby

Toby Bennett
    Toby Bennett
    Participant

You can use the username ‘troubleshooter’ and password is the same.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

This might sound silly, but I think I have found the reason (not the solution yet). I must tell, that I’ve never ever in my life seen a faster WordPress, than yours. Basically the results are there, but the javascript can’t syncronize the values with the animation (the ajax request is coming in under 300 milliseconds, which is 2.5 times faster of what I have ever seen)

I will try to change some values on my local server, to see if I can reproduce this, and hopefully post the solution in a couple of hours.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Toby Bennett
    Toby Bennett
    Participant

That’s quite bizarre!

It seems quite odd that the issue only happens when the results are in vertical format.

Looking forward to hearing from you with some solution hopefully!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve got it, just need to pack up the files and do 1 more test. Will message you tomorrow morning when I get to the office 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Toby Bennett
    Toby Bennett
    Participant

Great stuff, I really appreciate your great support!

Toby Bennett
    Toby Bennett
    Participant

Hi Enrnest,

Just wondering, were you going to send the files over to my email, or post it on here?

Cheers,
    Toby

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry for the delay. I’m finishing version 2.3 this week, it looks stable right now. I’m attaching a copy of it to this post. It should eleminate the issues you are having with the vertical results + there is a new result layout called “Polaroid results”. It’s most likely buggy a bit yet, but feel free to test/experiment with it.

Installation: The best option is to overwrite the files in the plugins/ajax-search-pro folder via ftp, after extracting the zip archive.
    You also might need to delete the searches you have created earlier, I haven’t tested for backwards compatibility.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Toby Bennett
    Toby Bennett
    Participant

Cheers Ernest, I’ll give it a go now!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.