No search anny more

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dilbert
    dilbert
    Participant

Hi,
    after updating to the current version, the serch function on the above mentioned page does not work anymore.
    Hope you have suggestion on want went wrong.

Best regards
    Dilbert

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It was a minor issue, whereas some of the default values were not updated when upgrading.

For future updates, please follow the safe update guide, to make sure everything is refreshed: https://goo.gl/EPTAo9

In some cases WordPress does not updates the default options array, the safe update method makes sure it does 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

dilbert
    dilbert
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks for your quick answer. I’m not sure, if the search works properly. I don’t get results on existing tags and categories. Due to bad performance I tried to use the index table. When creating the index, the message “[object Object]” appears in a box.

Perhaps you can see ad hoc where the problems are?

Thanks in advance
    Dilbert

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It must have been a temporary server outage, I just tried to create a new index and everything went fine: https://i.imgur.com/Xdot1NR.png

I have changed the engine to Index Table, the performance tracker shows 0.1 – 0.2 seconds for the execution runtime, which is pretty neat now. The actual response time is of course different, because WordPress initializes everything within an ajax request for safety and compatibility reasons. This loading time depends on number and quality of the plugins used (and the theme as well).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.