No search results being pulled

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support No search results being pulled

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by bridgetlee bridgetlee 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #11783
    bridgetlee
    bridgetlee
    Participant

    I have tried to add the shortcode in multiple ways (see below) but am running into a problem where the text auto-populate like it is supposed to, but no search results ever show and clicking the ‘magnifying’ glass to search does nothing.

    Added Shortcode to header
    Search bar shows and suggests words as you type but no ‘thinking’ icon and no search results show (screenshot 1)

    • Works perfectly in Chrome on my laptop including after clearing cache and history and trying in incognito.
    • Works on iphone and android devices
    • Does not work on any other computer in Chrome. Does not work in IE (including my own computer)

    Added widget to sidebar

    • Works perfectly while I’m logged in
    • Is not visible at all if not logged in

    Added shortcode to individual post
    http://tantan.wpengine.com/how-to-add-a-certification-to-your-linkedin-profile/

    • Exact same issues as adding the shortcode to header

    Actions attempted:

    • Changed the Javascript source to minified scope
    • Turned off “Load scripts in footer”
    • Javascript Init method to blocking
    • Disabled all plugins
    • Tried a different theme
    • I don’t see anything in the error log
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by bridgetlee bridgetlee.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #11790
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    I’ve tried to open the webpage, but it does not seem to load correctly, and I can also see 2 fatal javascript errors on the console (not related to ajax search pro), see screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/qi4wFMN.png

    I’ve looked at the page source and it appears to be cut at the part where Nivo slider HTML code begins: https://i.imgur.com/JKTs0o8.png

    My guess is that there is a fatal PHP runtime error at that point, which terminates further output. I suggest enabling error reporting to see what exatly is causing that. I’m almost certainly sure, that fixing that will solve the two unrelated javascript errors as well. The search is not initializing for the same reason, because the window loading event is never triggered.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #11857
    bridgetlee
    bridgetlee
    Participant

    Thank you, Ernest!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.