No search results on Wamp Server

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support No search results on Wamp Server

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    katon
    katon
    Participant

Hello
    I am still working on Local Host Wamp Server , and actually I have no result appear at search , I am working on Twenty Fourteen and disable all other plugin .. the same result.

I got the following error within browser console
    —————————————————
    TypeError: response.match(…) is null
    response = response.match(/!!ASPSTART!!(.*[\s\S]*)!!ASPEND!!/)[1];

jquery….r=4.0.1 (line 604, col 27
    ——————————————————

Would you give me a hand ? Thank you in advance

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

That sounds like the ajax request is not returning anything, which happens if the code stumbles into an fatal error at some point and halts.

If you click on the network tab of your browsers developer tools and check the content of the ajax request after trying a search it should be empty.

Now, try to enable error reporting in the wp-config.php file and try searching again and then examine the new ajax response. It should contain some kind of fatal error message for sure.

WAMP server might have some core modules disabled. I switched to XAMPP a few years back, that’s my current testing environment and it corresponds with 99% of the hosting servers. If you don’t mind, I would recommend trying it 😉

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

katon
    katon
    Participant

Hello
    I have uploaded the site to an online server and still face the same problem would you check the following link
    http://www.alexwebdesign.com/newborg/pharmaceutical/

The ajax Search within products search Gray box
    and you can try to search by any down items like Anti Wrinkles Cream or etc.

What do you think ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m suspecting a settings-database inconsistency based on the error message returned in the ajax request.

Try to open the plugins “Cache options” submenu and hit the “Save Options” button without changing anything. It might solve the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

katon
    katon
    Participant

work like charm , Thanks for your assist

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by katon katon.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

No problem 😉

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.