Not redirecting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    timanity
    timanity
    Participant

Hi! I have a problem with my searchbar. In the settings I have put in that it should redirect to the results page, but it’s not. Instead it triggers a Ajax search for the search like the picture below is showing.

Capture

Thank you in advance! ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I just tested, but it’s working on my end (on a windows desktop device, multiple browsers). In this case, the front-end might be cached, make sure to clear the browser cache.

In case you have a touch screen or a mobile device, there is a known issue with redirection, which might affect some of them. For a temporary resolution a bit of custom code is needed.

Try placing the following code to the functions.php file in your theme directory (copy from line 3):

Iportant: Before making any changes to your theme files, make sure to have a site back-up!!

Don’t forget to clear your device and site cache after the change.
    In case you need help with this, you can leave temporary FTP access and I will do it for you.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

timanity
    timanity
    Participant

That’s perfect! I have a laptop with touchscreen soo that was exactly the answer 🙂

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Not redirecting’ is closed to new replies.