Not returning results prior to a certain publish date

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Not returning results prior to a certain publish date

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Roberts
    Chris Roberts
    Participant

SFTP Port: 38185

This is a staging environment for the client’s live website. Currently, I am trying to get Ajax Search Pro to return accurate Guest Author results utilizing data from the Molongui Authorship plugin (https://www.molongui.com), as well as phrase/title/keyword search for all general (Post) Articles.

The Authorship plugin is kind of working for the most part, but appears to ignore articles posted prior to 2018. There are some that date back to around 2006.

Additional Info:
    The Author meta is per article, not template based and is placed using an Elementor widget.
    Also, this is copied from an email from the authorship plugin dev if it helps:
    •••
    “Now, if using WP default search widget is not an option for you, then you need to know this:
    Guest Author is a custom post type. BUT keep in mind that you want to search for posts, not guest authors (even if the search is for guest authors) [unless I didn’t get your point…]
    Post authorship is not stored in the post_author field from wp_posts table (like WP does by default). Relationships are stored in wp_postmeta table:
    table
    _molongui_main_author stores the first author for a post. Only one key per post.
    _molongui_author stores each author for a post. As many entries as authors the post has.
    meta_value column’s value contains the author type (user or guest) and the ID of the author… so if it is a user, then it is the ID of the wp_users table. But if it is a guest, it is the ID of the wp_posts table. Type and ID are always separated by a hyphen.
    Basically, I guess you should search the “post_title” field in the wp_posts table for the user input string. If a match is found, get the ID(s) and search the wp_postmeta table for meta_key = _molongui_author where their value is “guest-ID”. Probably there are better ways to do it, but this would be my first approach.”
    •••

Any insight on how to access and return the articles prior to 2018 would be greatly appreciated!
    –Chris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Chris Roberts
    Chris Roberts
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I have found the issue. There is a date filter enabled right here: https://i.imgur.com/onZsSHJ.png
    That explains the problem. Make sure to change it back to “disabled” and it’s going to be all right.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.