Not returning results

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    webmdt
    webmdt
    Participant

Note
    I’m unable to provide FTP access as the server doesn’t have FTP (only SFTP) and for security purposes I am unable to create new Users.

If you would like, I will make any of the changes you’d like as soon as I can.

Strange issue happening when I upgraded from 3.2 to 3.5, The search Results no longer QUERY “Page Names” or “Page Content”.

I didn’t change any of the settings, and the plugin has NO ERRORS in the error section.

Looking further into this, I don’t believe its getting any results to be honest…nothing seems to have a match.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

If the error check page shows no error, that’s a good thing so far.

This issue was usually related to a caching incompatibility, or if the database query is interrupted when the plugin is installed. That’s why I created the upgrade steps in the documentation, to avoid such issues. I remember one time someone had something similar, but reinstalling helped them.

This sounds like something else, but I can’t confirm until I can see it or do some kind of debugging. (checking for errors, printing the database query and comparing it to the actual configuration, etc..)

Could you at least provide temporary administrator access and a link to the site? I can check the configuration at least.
    I can also try to make changes via the plugin editor in wordpress, but on the downside if I make a syntax error by mistake your site will go down with a white page most likely, and the only way to revert is to correct the mistake via sftp or rename the ajax-searh-pro plugin folder (or delete it completely).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

webmdt
    webmdt
    Participant

I provided wirdpress credentials when I made the topic, please check.

And the website isn’t live to the public yet, so if you do have a syntax error that is fine, as long as you fix it within a few minutes

Thank you

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I can’t see any credentials, checked the database as well, nothing stored.

Could you please re-edit your first post or upload a txt file with the credentials?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

webmdt
    webmdt
    Participant

Attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

You had both the old and the new version installed. I removed the old one from the plugin manager and re-activated the new. It should work properly now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.