not searching acf fields or categories

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support not searching acf fields or categories

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    devineone
    devineone
    Participant

I have setup the search for a large woocommerce site. It is using the index table.

It is setup to search products, taxonomies (categories and tags) and two acf fields.

The front end search only shows results with the keywords in the title.

For example if you search “monet” then only results with the word monet in the title show. So you get a results page of 50 results

But the acf fields have the name Claude Monet and the category is monet,claude. The results page should display over 1300 results. Have I missed a step?

Thanks
    Cory

devineone
    devineone
    Participant

Thanks. I figured out how to search the acf fields and categories.

Just one question.

How to make the view more… link at the bottom of search results large and with a different background color. It is very hard to see.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Cory,

You can change both the background and the font here: https://i.imgur.com/1KuYRRM.png

Also, if you prefer, you can use this custom CSS to change both the background & the font colors:

a.asp_showmore {
        /* Background */
        background: #FFF !important;
        /* Font */
        font-size: 14px !important;
        color: #00568a !important;
        font-weight: bold !important;
    }

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

devineone
    devineone
    Participant

Thanks.

Wondering why the search results box varies when searching for different terms.

For example: when searching for “mona” – the search results has a scroll bar.

but when searching for “village in brittan” – there is no scroll bar and the results go beyond the length of the page.

Thanks
    Cory

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Cory,

It is calculated depending on the avarage result height and by the viewport count configuration: https://i.imgur.com/SbF6kYi.png

But of course you can fixate the maximum height of the area, when the scrollbar should always appear, use this custom CSS:

.asp_w .results {
        max-height: 300px !important;
    }

This way, if the results box reaches 300 pixels, it will automatically use the scrollbar.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

devineone
    devineone
    Participant

The search seems to be working pretty well. The live results show larger numbers of results than the results page.

For example – if you did a search for “klimt” – the acf field shows 200+ results and the category shows 200+ results. But when you go the results page – only 50 results are shown. Is this capped somewhere? The products are all tagged with “Gustave Klimt” and belong to category “klimt, gustave”

Thanks
    Cory

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Cory,

Actually yes, that is hard limited on the back-end to 50 results by default. You can change that on the General Options -> Limits panel: https://i.imgur.com/JEgzQiK.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.