not stripped from description

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support not stripped from description

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    quasizero
    quasizero
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m using your plugin on the RESOURCES page of a client website and noticed this morning that javascript is visible in the description. The script tag is gone but the code is still there.

For instance, when you search for MAR, the first item, Marketer’s guide… shows Marketo script in the description. Scroll down a bit and you’ll see some /* */ comments lines also. The image I uploaded should make it clear also.

I looked at your code a bit in post_process() and it looks like you are stripping out the <script> and <style> tags there but it’s not working for some reason? Any ideas?

Cheers

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    quasizero
    quasizero
    Participant

should have written script tag in the title since the actual tag did get stripped here.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I believe you may have found a bug, a I was able to replicate this issue on a local installation. To resolve it termporarily you will have to make a small modification to the main search file. Before doing so, please make sure you have a full site back-up of everything.

1. Open up the wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\classes\search\class-asp-search-cpt.php file
    2. Scroll to line 1749 (or around that), which should be:

$_content = wd_strip_tags_ws( $r-&gt;content, $sd['striptagsexclude'] );

3. Change that to simply:

4. Save the file.

This should solve the issue.

I will make sure to include a permanent solution in the upcoming version.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.