Not working on Andriod phone

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Not working on Andriod phone

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scoobysteve
    scoobysteve
    Participant

Hi I have this working the way I want it now thanks after your help before getting it to work with my theme, but I have a question I was trying to show someone the search past night on my Andriod phone and it would not work, it worked on my ipad mini but not the phone, should this work on Andriod, please advise

Steve

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Steve!

May I ask what type of browser was the phone using, and which version of android was it running? Also the mobile phone type would be helpful. I just tested your site with a random samsung phone (I guess its ace II or something) and with a samsung galaxy tab, and it’s working for me. I also tested the demo site, just to double check.

Android is very tricky, it has many many versions with lots of browsers and it varies for each device. To be honest with you, I have absolutely no idea why it wasn’t working on that phone. That’s the only reason I prefer apple, it makes the developers work less painful.

The problem can be anything, literally. The phone, the browser, a plugin, a javascript code, an unknown exception, a browser plugin, cache inconsistencies and many other stuff as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

scoobysteve
    scoobysteve
    Participant

Its a LG G2 phone running the latest version 4.4.2 I was using Chrome and the web browser that came with it, both not working.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hm. The only closest emulator I could find is the chrome dev tools emulator. I have tried all the android phones on the list, but no errors. I guess it’s not representing accurately the android platform.

I don’t know what else to do, because unfortunately it’s working on both of my android devices and I don’t know anyone near me with that phone model to test it with.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

scoobysteve
    scoobysteve
    Participant

OK its a bit disappointing as I was using this search feature mainly for searching property reference numbers as this is a handy way of locating our listings when on the move. OK I will see what feedback I get to see how many people I know with Andriod phone have the same issue. Thanks for your quick response though.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sorry about that. I wish I could afford more android devices to test with, or even better, I wish android worked the same on every device.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.