Nothing happens when I use the pro version

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Nothing happens when I use the pro version

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    francesco
    francesco
    Participant

Hi,
    the search field doesn’t work at all (no spinning, no drop down menu, no input label, no searching). I’ve tried all compatibility options, I’ve done a fresh install and delete entries from database… it only works THE FIRST time, with new installation and default settings, but if I try to change some options… boom! stop working.
    The strange thing is that Ajax Search LITE 3.1 works flawlessly.
    I’m using Ajax Search Pro 3.5 and X – The Theme (just like this site).
    Can you help me?
    Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Some settings were missing for some reason on the frontend. I saved the search instance again and the search should work now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

francesco
    francesco
    Participant

thanks for you quick reply, now the search is working better, but there is an error with frontend settings button, as you can see on the attached image.
    also, the field is not working correctly on mobile (or resized page): input field is too small.
    thanks again

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Indeed. It looks like some values within the database are corrupted for that instance. It can happen if the settings are only partially sent, usually at a tiny server outage.

Anyways, I have created another instance (main-search2), it should work perfectly as it holds the default options now. Please reconfigure and replace the one that you use, it should work properly now 😉

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

francesco
    francesco
    Participant

Thanks again, no errors now!
    But there is always the “mobile” responsive problem with input field.
    See image: there is just “CER” instead of “CERCA…” and the input is very short
    I use the search field in the main navigation menu, via “shortcode in menus” plugin: could be a problem? Is there a correct way to insert it in the main menu?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I believe it’s the main menu causing that. Some menus tend to block event if there is a javascript handler declared inside them. The best solution in these cases is usually to move the search out of the menu for mobile devices.

However a simple custom CSS rule might help you out:

.probox .proinput input {
        min-width: 200px !important;
    }

Try to add this to the Custom CSS field of the search or into your theme (if supports custom css). You can also use any of the theme css files. This should solve this issue immediately.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.