Odd Search Results

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ndcaldwell
    ndcaldwell
    Participant

Hi:

We’ve made the search live (in the header on both blogs http://adventuresinthumbholes.com) but have run into some oddities, particularly if I try to set the results page for more than 7 (which is what we have as the settings in WP and in the Genesis theme settings (see attachments AIT_ss7 (WP Settings) and AIT_ss8 (Genesis settings)). Attachment AIT_ss4 shows our current limits screen. If I raise it over 7, then most searches show a final page that goes to our 404 page rather than more actual results.

Attachment AIT_ss2 shows the bottom of the screen when doing a search on Small Change. Attachment AIT_ss3 shows what happens when I click to see page 2 of the results. Suddenly the navigation shows a lot more pages and the Small Change form that I excluded (see attachment AIT_ss9) is appearing in the results list.

I don’t know if this is just a combination of multi-site and Genesis causing odd conflicts but we’re really hoping you have some ideas as to how we can adjust our settings to get this to work right for us.

Thanks,
    Nancy

Your upload isn’t allowing me to add another file so I’ve put them all on a page for you to view here: http://ndcwebdesign.com/ait.html

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for the proper details about the issue. Unfortunately I’m not sure I’m able to tell without actually debugging the plugin code.

Can you please update your ticket with temporary log-in and FTP information as well? Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ndcaldwell
    ndcaldwell
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Weirdly, when I changed the redirection method on the General Options -> Behavior panel from “Post” to “Get”, I’m not seeing the 404 pages anymore. At least I’m not able to re-create it.

I’ve changed the post numbers to 7, 8, 9 and 10 for testing on the WP settings page, but still everything went okay for search phrases like “test a”, “run”, “mile”.

Can you confirm if this is the case? If not, than can you tell me what exact configuration (number of posts) and search phrase do I need to look at?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ndcaldwell
    ndcaldwell
    Participant

I’ll test and ask Erin to test as well. I’ll let you know. And she likes to have 7 posts per page.

Thanks!
    Nancy

ndcaldwell
    ndcaldwell
    Participant

This has been tested and is working. However, we found another issue. I’m going to start a new ticket since it’s different.

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Odd Search Results’ is closed to new replies.