- December 3, 2020 at 4:39 pm #30484
I have two questions:
1. Does the plugin Ajax search Pro work on an offline version of the website? With offline I mean taking the whole website (including the plugin) and downloading it for offline reading, let’s say without an internet connection, not even a local server.
2. Is there a way to set keyword suggestions of many taxonomies on the same degree of relevance? As it is explained in your guide “the order matters“.
For instance, I want to include as keyword suggestion three different taxonomies: A, B, C. If I set the taxonomies in the following order:
I keep on getting too many non-relevant results (they differ a lot from the term entered in the search box) as they are part of taxonomy A, that is the first in order. How can I set equal relevance for all taxonomies included in the Keyword suggestion sources? Alternatively, is it possible to set a limited number of suggestion for each taxonomy?
Thank you for your time.December 4, 2020 at 1:17 pm #30489
1. I’m afraid no, connection to the local server is still required. Without that the search requests will not work.
2. You can’t unfortunately. The keyword suggestion queries are kept as simple as possible, as it is executed after the search, and at that point a decent amount of time and resource is probably used up. The only way you could do that is by making direct changes to the query files, which I do not recommend.Best,
Although I think you have a valid point here about the number of items per taxonomy, as currently the suggestion algorithm indeed selects the most similar words from each source, and once it gets all, it is done. Maybe I can improve this in the upcoming release, to try to take keywords from all taxonomy sources first, and then make a selection for the most similar ones. That would make sense.
If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.