Old Version Works, New Version Doesn't

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Old Version Works, New Version Doesn't

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    meronhrycusko
    meronhrycusko
    Participant

Good morning,

We’re a company in Ontario, Canada that uses your the Ajax Search Pro plugin. I currently have 2 issues with your plugin.

ISSUE 1:
    We currently use an older version 4.20.4 on our current website with no issues. You can see the plugin at work on our Doctors/Staff page

https://www.gracemed.com/team/ and when you click on the SEE THE BIOGRAPHY link on a doctors profile, it redirects to the proper page.

However, I have updated to the newest version on our development site (a direct copy of our live site)

https://devgrace.wpengine.com/team/

and the SEE THE BIOGRAPHY button doesn’t redirect properly even though the link is coded properly.

——————– SNAP SHOT ———————–
    LIVE ENVIRONMENT
    Plugin Version: 4.20.4
    PHP 7.4
    Wordpress 6.4

DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
    Plugin Version: 4.26.2
    PHP 7.4
    Wordpress 6.4

ISSUE 2:

I want to move us to PHP 8.3 in the future, and any version of PHP version 7.4 breaks the current plugin.

Thanks for the help, and I hope you had a good family vacation.

Meron Hrycusko

PS. The older version we have was registered by the previous web manager who Tyson Dore, but never left us the CodeCanyon username and password, so we had to repurchase the key, just so you are wondering how we got an old version.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You had a very old release installed, I recommend updating a bit more often to maintain the codebase, however this issue would still exist.

There were a few changes in the recent releases, namely the plugin is compiled to native javascript and no longer required jQuery, and some event handlers act a bit differently.

I see there are changes on the results template, I think there is a way to resolve this very easily by adding two additional class names to the template files. I assume you have the custom istopic.php results template in your theme directory, so please open that, and make the following change: https://i.imgur.com/zhXYhrM.png

By adding these two missing classes the event handler will recognize the href attribute and trigger the correct redireciton.

PHP 8.3 will work fine on the recent version, we are currently using that PHP version on the demo site.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

meronhrycusko
    meronhrycusko
    Participant

Thanks, that worked. I appreciate the quick turn around in support.
    Meron

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.