On page load

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by zainabubu zainabubu 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    zainabubu
    zainabubu
    Participant

Kindly help with this issue, on first load of website, the search plugin loads slow and a bit funny before snapping into customized look. I can’t seem to pin point the issue, but I need help getting the search plugin to load fast and smoothly

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The issue is not the plugin in this case, but an effect called the flash of unstyled content. Viewing the site from a cache-cleared browser looks like this for a second: https://i.imgur.com/ksKgWxA.png

This happens on first page load only, as the second time the browser already cached the assets locally.

The cause of this issue is a CSS lazy loader, which loads your stylesheet files asynchronously upon page load, or places the CSS to footer of the page. In your case, I think this is the Rocket loader feature from Cloudflare, but it can be something else as well – usually cache plugins have an option to include CSS in footer or load the asynchrounously.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

zainabubu
    zainabubu
    Participant

many thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘On page load’ is closed to new replies.