Only search specific page categories

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Only search specific page categories

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    willi
    willi
    Participant

Hi, It seems I don’t manage to setup the plugin for searching only in pages with a category “tools”. I’ve added them in the included category and excluded all others. But I think this might be only for content type posts, however I was thinking a page is also a post type? I’m using The7 theme for the website… Can you help me out? Thanks in advance. Rgds, willi

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Willi,

Can you please post a URL where I can log in to check the settings? I have tried the wp-login.php and the wp-admin pages, but they seem to be disabled.

Excluding all other categories should not be neccessary in this case. If the categories are enabled for pages, then it should work. Also, make sure to check this section of the documentation: Include by categories or Terms
    (If you don’t want to see posts that are not categorized in any way, then there is one option you need to turn off as well, that is explain there as well)

Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

willi
    willi
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Thanks, I was able to log-in now.

I have removed the exclusions as I have suggested before, included only the Tools category, and now I only see results from pages within the Tools category. I believe it is working correctly now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

willi
    willi
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Many thanks for your help and the great support.
    Apologies if it was not 100% clear to me but I just start using your awesome plugin.

One last question, now the results are shown in an ajax dropdown, is there also a possibility that the results are shown in a list once the user hits enter?

Thanks a lot.

Rgds,
    Willi

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Willi,

You are welcome!

On the General Options -> Logic & Behavior panel you can change the Return and Magnifier button actions, to either trigger the live search or redirect to the results page: https://i.imgur.com/pQY7Nw9.png

For more detailed information, you can check this chapter in the documentation: Return key and Magnifier icon actions

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.